There’s no need to feel burdened by the prospect of Thanksgiving culinary festivities; with a bit of common sense, a few simple substitutions and moderation, one can enjoy the sweet and savory delights of a favorite holiday. Here’s an article which outlines 10 Tips for a Thinner Thanksgiving:
- Exercise before and after; keeping your metabolism active in advance (and throughout the year) pays off by running the body’s ‘furnace’ in a way that continuously processes normal intake … and occasionally a bit more.
- Don’t skip breakfast: not being ravenous for an afternoon meal will help moderate quantities, make sensible portions easier and keep your appestat at an even keel.
- Substitute healthy alternatives: Replace sugar, fat, high calorie and processed ingredients with healthier – yet equally delicious – alternatives such as fruit purees (e.g. applesauce), yogurt, legumes, unique and seasonal vegetables with a bit more spice and less butter and oil.
- Portion control: Emphasize foods that you enjoy but rarely eat; skip (or reduce) portions of foods you eat more frequently… Look forward to stretching leftovers (including restaurant take-aways) to improve your waistline and budget. My personal favorite approach is to try small portions of items you rarely eat, and then – after waiting an hour or more for the ‘appestat’ to kick in – and only then consider having a few small portions of the rare items for seconds … if at all.
- Eat slower: Savor the flavors and take time to converse with family and friends about share interests.
- Try non-alcoholic options: or even skip special beverages if they don’t appeal to you; a ‘toast’ with sparkling cider or water works just as well.
- Be realistic: If the scales reveal an extra pound or 3, give yourself a break; if you try all the suggestions above you might not even notice any hiccup in your regimen.
- Emphasize the social aspects: Family and friends make a great focus and looking for ways to make everyone feel at home and welcome will help you celebrate more than just the fine food.
Here are additional suggestions to help you Lose Weight During Thanksgiving Dinner and 12 Ways to Survive Thanksgiving, Minus the Food Coma.
Sustainable, healthy eating, exercise and other simple, gentle self-discipline best practices go a long way to complement other methods of loosing and keeping off the excess fat such as Body Light Lipo technology. Gratitude is the keyword for Thanksgiving, and you’ll be grateful for choosing a lifestyle that keeps you fit, healthy and happy.