Shedding unwanted weight involves removing unwanted waste material from the body. We often think of the excretory system and perspiration (skin), and sometimes the respiratory mechanisms for handling these wastes, yet an often overlooked system is the lymphatic system, which “… is a network of tissues and organs that help rid the body of toxins, waste and other unwanted materials. The primary function of the lymphatic system is to transport lymph, a fluid containing infection-fighting white blood cells, throughout the body.” These vital functions – crucial to both optimal health and weight loss/weight maintenance can be supported by best practices and heath regiments that support, nourish and strengthen all the body’s systems – not just the lymphatic system alone, since all these systems work together. When using technologies such as Body Light Lipo which remove wastes at a rate greater than normal, it becomes vitally important to ensure that all systems that eliminate wastes are working at optimum performance.
It stands to reason that if we are to rid the body of wastes and harmful components, we need to utilize all body systems to collect and expel those molecules. The bloodstream (circulatory system) does much of this work, but the less publicized lymphatic system is also important. Here are some exercises for the Lymphatic System:
(Consult your physician regarding any of these and use moderation and common sense.)
- mini-trampoline jumping or rebounding
- lymphatic massage; trained massage therapists know and practice massaging the body in the proper directions to move wastes through the lymphatic system and out through natural drainage systems
- deep breathing; just reminding yourself frequently to not breathe shallow can help
- walking, biking, swimming and regular aerobic exercise
- good posture and ergonomic work/sleep/play
- stretching and hatha yoga practices
- other lymphatic system exercises
- skin brushing
- thermal contrast hydrotherapy (hot/cold showers); sauna/snow, etc.*
- raw fruits
- loose clothing
Happy draining for good health!